Start a Free Trial Today!
Become a more effective, efficient, and engaging English/Language Arts teacher with GrammarFlip!
Reach every student by individualizing your instruction, and at the same time, save yourself valuable hours spent planning and grading.
Noun Clauses Definition
A noun clause is a type of dependent clause that functions as a noun and begins with a relative adverb or relative pronoun (that, what, when, where, which or who).
Examples of Noun Clauses
Some examples of noun clauses would be the following:
- Avery knew that running against Micah for class president would be a lost cause.
- Everyone was shocked by what was happening before our eyes.
- Where the band’s next tour will stop has not been announced.
- I will call to let you know when the party balloons will be ready for pick up.
- We all decided which of the popsicle flavors was the best.