Start a Free Trial Today!
Become a more effective, efficient, and engaging English/Language Arts teacher with GrammarFlip!
Reach every student by individualizing your instruction, and at the same time, save yourself valuable hours spent planning and grading.
Gerunds and Gerund Phrases Definition
A gerund is a form of a verb ending in -ing that acts as a noun.
Examples of Gerunds and Gerund Phrases
Some examples of gerunds and gerund phrases would be the following:
- Jenna’s favorite summer activity is surfing.
- Jogging and weightlifting are two great ways to get in shape.
- Paige detests listening to pop music.
- Christopher has a bad habit of checking his phone during class.
- Volunteering at the animal shelter is something I look forward to every weekend.