Start a Free Trial Today!
Become a more effective, efficient, and engaging English/Language Arts teacher with GrammarFlip!
Reach every student by individualizing your instruction, and at the same time, save yourself valuable hours spent planning and grading.
Subordinating Conjunctions Definition
A subordinating conjunction is a connecting word that introduces a dependent clause.
Examples of Subordinating Conjunctions
Some examples of subordinating conjunctions would be the following:
- As the cake baked in the oven, Will mixed the frosting.
- Since I started eating breakfast every day, I have had much more energy.
- I am going to bed early because my flight leaves at 7:00 a.m. tomorrow.
- The outdoor concert was so much fun even though it was raining.
- I cannot watch the new episode until I catch up on the first season.