Start a Free Trial Today!
Become a more effective, efficient, and engaging English/Language Arts teacher with GrammarFlip!
Reach every student by individualizing your instruction, and at the same time, save yourself valuable hours spent planning and grading.
An interjection is a part of speech that functions independently from a sentence and is typically used to express an emotion.
Examples of Interjections
Some examples of interjections would be the following:
- Wow, this is a delicious dessert!
- Aha! I finally figured out that math problem!
- Darn. I can’t find my homework.
- Yuck! That soup tasted horrible.
- Ouch! I stepped on my brother’s toy train.